Cooking videos in here

Cooking videos in here
Click the pic to go on my YouTube Channel

Monday 16 January 2012

Simple Sambar - my way the easy way

I always feel there cant be the perfect way to make sambar,every one has their own way...I learnt making sambar from my big masi as she makes the best.This is not completely her recipe,as always i find my own way of cooking my dishes(mainly because i forget)
  I dedicate this post to my Prema aunty AKA-the greatest cook ever... love you !
every one's fav


chop
pumkin
drumstick
tomato
onion
brinjal
ladies finger


boil the veg in salt -turmeric, kashmiri red chili and corriander stems(for flavor and aroma)
cover for 10 min or more till half cooked

once you see the tomato is mushy
add in the cooked tur daal


Pressure cook tur daal with turmeric ...
add the daal and then sambar masala to your taste

now goes in the tamrind paste ,again it depends on your taste


for the tempering
mustard seeds 1 tsp
fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp
curry leaf
red chili whole
hing 2 tsp

add some jaggery(optional)
once you add the tempering switch off the flame and close the lid for 10 min...!!!

 
i like it a bit sweet


letting the sambar to rest is very important...so make it early if your having it for lunch
serve after a few hours for better taste !
Eat with rice ~ghee and papad !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...