Cooking videos in here

Cooking videos in here
Click the pic to go on my YouTube Channel

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Curry Flavoured Steamed Rice (Japanese Style )

Curry Flavoured Steamed Rice is a must in the famous Japanese Okosama Lunch Recipe.

You can cook it in your rice cooker,but i made it on my stove.I guess it makes no difference.

I find this recipe very healthy as there is no oil or butter added to make this dish.

In the original recipe you drizzle honey before serving,i tried it once,it was not to my taste.
So i skip the honey when ever i make this.


Here is the link from where i got this recipe Runny Runny's Channel.


I usually serve Curry flavoured Steamed Rice with Fried Chicken,but you may have it as it is or with any side dish of your choice.

I'm sure your family will love the flavours in this Curry Rice made Japanese Style.
Do try it ! Its Yum and so quick to make!

1/2 Mix veg
1/2 cup Rice
1/2 tsp Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Ketchup
1/2 tsp Woochester Sauce
1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
2 cups veg or chicken stock (you can also use water)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Wash the rice and soak for 15 min.

In a pot add all the ingredients listed above,yes everything at once.Check for seasoning.

Now boil,once it starts boiling lower the flame and cover for 15 min.Do not open the lid.

After 15 min open the lid and check if it is cooked,if not cover and cook another 5/7 min.

Now your done ! I told you it was so easy !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...