Cooking videos in here

Cooking videos in here
Click the pic to go on my YouTube Channel

Sunday 1 September 2013

Cheesy Zucchini Veggie Bake


When I need to eat my veggies as a complete meal I prefer making them into a lovely casserole, the crusty top and cheesy inside is what makes me love eating a variety of veggies and not missing any chicken. I just adore the buttery topping with my favourite panko breadcrumbs. Yummmm !
 
 For this dish I added spinach, mushroom and tomato so it is a complete meal and we are full !
If you wish you can also serve with some soup on the side, that will be wonderful, right?
 
This recipe is so easy !
Cut zucchini in circles and toss them in very little olive oil adding a pinch salt.
Just to soften them a bit.
 
Cook mushrooms adding salt , crushed garlic and pepper.
 
Grate some yummy cheese.
 
Saute spinach with garlic and a small onion adding salt and pepper.
 
You can add more veggies of your choice and make a few layers, the choice is yours totally.
 Start by adding some panko to melted butter, this will be the topping for the bake.
 Add some butter to the dish you will be baking this in, add some tomatoes and sprinkle some buttery panko, we are going to be creating veggie layers.
 Next add half of the the zucchini and then the spinach in the middle.
 Cover with a the mushrooms.
 Again add in the rest of the zucchini and top with cheese.
 Top with the buttery panko and bake at 200 c covered with a foil for 20 min.
Uncover and bake for another 10/15 min on grill till golden on top !
 I made 2 casseroles that day, my hubbys favourite Chicken and Mushroom Bake. just for him.
 That's it, the top will be golden and a bit crusty and dinner is ready guys !
Cheers !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...