Cooking videos in here

Cooking videos in here
Click the pic to go on my YouTube Channel

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Best Mixed Green Salad Ever



This is my favourite salad recipe and I love having it for lunch, we mostly add in grilled leftover chicken but on Tuesdays we stay strictly vegetarian so I skipped the chicken and added chickpeas and feta for some extra flavour.
 
The dressing for this green salad is also very versatile, I sum times use it to marinate fish or chicken too. Please try it, its fab !
 
 
This was my plate !
                                        
It is important you use a mix lettuce pack, I used a pack of organic salad mix.
 Chop the veggies only when you want to toss the salad.
I used cucumbers, black olives, onions soaked in viniger and chopped tomato.
 

 As I skipped the chicken  I added some boiled chickpeas and feta cheese.
I got the feta cheese mixed with some parsley from the supermarket, oh yes it was the bomb.


I always make salad marinades in my used mini tomato paste bottle.
Here's the dressing recipe
1 tbs vinegar
3 tbs olive oil, extra virgin only
1 tsp Dijon mustard or dry mustard powder
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp salt
1/2 lime squeezed
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
small garlic crushed
All you do is add everything to a small jar with a tight lid, close the lid and shake till everything is mixed. That's it, now your done !
Mix the salad ingredients ,pour the dressing and toss !
Serve immediately !
 

Adding orange juice instead of viniger and some chopped grilled chicken is also another tasty way to have this salad, try it for another time but for now give this recipe a go, its amazing and so fresh and zesty. Make some today guys !

1 comment:

  1. hi:-)tried this recipe and many other recipies of urs...they come out really well:-)looking forward for more of such recipes...thank you:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...